Monday, January 4, 2010

V.C. Andrews time, baby

There are times when I look at my blog and see all the complaining and the media links and wish my posting was more insightful or had more learning experiences in them. Then I remember that that is what my songs are for.
I've been reading Petals on the Wind, V.C. Andrews' Flowers in the Attic sequel, lately and I'm kind of tempted to write a song about it, since I can relate to the main characters so well. No, I haven't been locked up in an attic for over three years or spent most of my adult life trying to get revenge on my mother by sleeping with whatever man seemed important at the time, but there have been times when Cathy Dollanganger thought or did something and I was like "Hear, hear." I hate half the men in this story though, and become exasperated with Cathy when she hooks up with them and falls in "love". For real, Julian Marquet, an abusive, unfaithful ballet dancer? And Bart, her stepfather/aggressively passionate lawyer? This can't possibly click in anybody else's head. Even Paul, her way older legal guardian, wasn't a good idea, even though he treated her a whole lot better. I don't know what kind of tricks this girl has, but she has a habit of making every person that could possibly affect her life horribly, including her older brother, fall madly in love with her, and I do mean mad. These guys have chased her at a rail road station, broken her toes, and done everything they can to injure her, just to prove their love. How weird, in my opinion. If any of this makes logical sense to you that you'd try this on your object of desire, please stop reading my blogs.

No comments: