Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kurt Cobain movie

So apparently there's a new Kurt Cobain movie in the works and Twilight-heartthrob R.Ptaz is being considered for playing America's most iconic grunge-rocker. I laughed when I heard this because one of my friends loves Kurt like I love James Dean and I don't think she'd be too happy if this was set in stone. Of course, she'll be even more upset once she finds out that Kurt's ex-wife and the occasional fan-believed murderer, Courtney Love, is one of the executive producers of the film. That kind of bothers me too in a way. In my opinion, if there's going to be a biopic about someone, then the people closest to that particular person shouldn't be handling the creative aspects of the film. If someone who wasn't involved with them is in charge of the movie, then there's a better chance that the movie will be less biased towards certain individuals. I have a feeling that Courtney might use this movie to put her in a better light and make Kurt look like some kind of monster.

No comments: