Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Otome Games- The New Obsession



Well, I fell into that trap pretty easily; I just can't believe it took me this long.
At the beginning of last week, I was playing on Facebook and noticed an ad to the side saying "Get an Anime Boyfriend!" That's been my dream since I was 7, so my curious self clicked the link, and it took me to this free, online game called "My Candy Love". Since it said "free", I registered, made a character, and then found myself in a tutorial run by a girl with bat wings. Halfway through, I realized what rabbit hole I tripped into: I was wading into the waters of the Otome game world. Crap.
Otome games are anime-like games for girls, usually romance-based, and recently, a couple of Facebook groups I'm a part of have been buzzing about them. I didn't really care to find out more about them, but alas, here I am playing one. It's amazing how the universe will tip over just to trap you.
I wouldn't recommend MCL for everyone, unless you just like to blow money on online games and can afford enough action points to actually do anything productive every day on it. But I was addicted to the concept and blazed through the internet to find one that was free and has good graphics. My search led me to Star Project, and this was a match made in anime-music-fame heaven.
In Star Project, you play the owner of a struggling star management company who is debt to some thugs. Then a guy shows up, looking for a manager to help him climb to the top of the entertainment industry, and the partnership is born! You take your star to classes, appearances, and part-time jobs, building your rep and money while falling in love on the way. It's extremely fun and addicting, with waay more stuff to do than MCL. This is the one I'd throw into everyone's face to play, if only just for us to have something to talk about.
There you go, my rant for the month. I need to update more, or just find stuff to update on. Ah, the boring life of SUMMER!! Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: