Monday, June 4, 2012

Swim Day!!

Today, my roommate, my friend, my brother, his friend, and I decided to go swimming. My friends and I have this tradition for the past few years where we sneak into apartment pools to swim (since our town doesn't have a public pool). We usually go at night because we're all night owls, but today we wanted to do things legit. We usually like to go to a specific apartment complex because their pool is absolutely beautiful and has an amazing hot tub.
So we get there, suits on and towels ready, and there are people there, and the pool's for residents only. No problem, my roomie, our friend, and I sat poolside while the boys swam in the pool. After a while, more people showed up (who obviously didn't live there either), and some lady came out and asked if we lived there. What was our answer? "Yes" we said (we hadn't even hit water yet). But then another lady came out and asked us which apartment we lived in, and then caught us in that lie, so we got kicked out. Fortunately for us, so did everyone else.
At this point, only 20% of us had even hit water, and they day was still young, so we all agreed to go to the lake and swim there. No chance of getting kicked out there! So we drove out to the lake, which was about a 20 minute drive, and hit the beach. We had a blast; the boys skipped rocks and wrestled around while us ladies did some swimming and then chilled out on the beach. We spent a nice chunk of time laying out and having fun before coming home for some dinner. All in all, it was a pretty great day! Lake, I forgive you for your rocks and dead beached fish for the great time you provided us!

No comments: