Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last night's concert...

... was both a physical hell (I can't describe it any other way) and an amazing slice of heaven for me. I got pretty roughed up during the concert: I got beer spilled on me, got shoved and pulled, had crowd surfers thrown at my head, and got jabbed in my back and sides. Despite all of my physical suffering, I had the best time I've had since the last Papa Roach concert. Whenever I'm at a rock show, I can completely let loose and scream out my anger, pain, sorrow, whatever the song reminds me of. I can jump around and sing to my favorite bands and watch them have a good time as well. It is truly an amazing experience.
The first band to perform was Rev Theory, formerly known as Revelation Theory. They had a lot of good energy and stage presence, plus they had good songs. Yes Grammy, they had hot guys in the band, so I might be a little biased. Papa Roach was next, and it was probably the best performance I've seen of theirs. They performed great songs and interacted with the crowd well; I think they were one of the most real bands there. My boys from A7X played third and they got to play with ramps and had screen shows while they performed. They were also crowd-friendly, talking with us and even taking requests. Unfortunately, my aching feet and cottonmouth forced me to leave the floor after they finished playing and I bought things at the merch table: I got a Papa Roach poster, a t-shirt with all of the bands, and wristbands of both Papa Roach and Avenged Sevenfold. After that, I went back inside to sit down after 4 hours of standing and watch Buckcherry perform. I only knew 3 songs, but I supported them the best I could.
After the concert ended, my friends and I met the guys of Rev Theory outside. They were so sweet and took pictures with Shelby and me; once I get a cord for my camera, I'll upload them to my myspace. All in all, it was a great night besides the fatigue I'm suffering from today and I can't wait to see these bands again.

No comments: