Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Twilight Saga Eclipse

Of course, the night before the official release, I went to see the new Twilight movie. Normally, I have at least one gal pal to go with me to the midnight screening so we can squeal together, but this time I had to fly solo since no one else wanted to wait in line fore 3 hours just to get decent seats. Bummer. I felt like an even bigger geek because I drove to the theatre 5 hours early just to see if the line was bad already. Luckily for me, my momentary geekiness paid off. Let me tell you how.
I got there around 7 pm and decided to stay there instead of going home or something. I saw they were having a blood drive, so I got in line to pass away the time. It was awesome to see a blood drive at a vampire movie, especially because there were two buses, one for Team Edward and the other for Team Jacob. Nice idea, Carter Blood Care. Anyway, while I was waiting in line, a lady from our local radio station came out and offered free tickets to see an even earlier screening of Eclipse at 8. Of course, I jumped for a ticket, but no one else did! Fools. I went inside, got in the theatre, and tied down a seat. When they closed the doors for the movie, we still had room! I guess not many people showed up early. There goes my geekiness talking.
Okay, time for the movie. It was pretty good, in my opinion. Kristen Stewart did a better job at portraying Bella; she actually had a personality this time and wasn't panting all over the place. RPtaz could've done a better job, but oh well. I wasn't watching for him anyway. I'm officially a Team Jasper girl! Jasper was HOT, way hot, in this movie! He had a lot more screen time this time around, so we can bask in his prettiness longer. Riley, Victoria's new beau, was surprisingly cute as well, but better as a human; apparently immortality doesn't work for everyone. The new girl who plays Victoria also does a good job! I'm kind of sad that we only get to see her in this one movie. Well, if you read the book, you know what happens, so I'm not going to get into the plot.
Overall, very good experience. I think anyone who sees the movie will be pleasantly surprised at a better Bella and will enjoy the movie.

No comments: