Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Horrible (Yet Awesome) Night

Oh Ra. Last night, Michael, Erica, and I went to see Paranormal Activity 2. If anyone remembers, I cried my eyes out and couldn't sleep for months after seeing the first one. When I realized there was a second one, I knew I had to see it for closure. Unfortunately, this was not meant to be.
Mistake 1: We went to see it at night. Mistake 2: I sat next to a guy who worked as a monster for the haunted house and loved to scare people. I can't ruin the plot of the movie, but I will say it's not really a sequel. If you see it, you'll get it. So I cried during this movie. Twice. And I mean bawling. Then after it ended, Michael jumped at me screaming and I had to fight not to crawl on Erica to escape. Then when we were leaving, he jumped out at me from around a corner and I tried to run. I got him back later though; he tried to scare me when we were at Erica's apartment and, on reflex mind you, I totally whacked him on the shoulder. He wasn't upset, thank Ra, but I still felt bad.
After the movie, we went to Common Grounds, a local coffee place, where Michael was buying me coffee as thanks for taking him to work all month. There I met the girl I'm supposed to marry. And when I say met, I mean I stood in line and watched mesmerized as she bustled behind the counter to make us coffee. Common Grounds itself was a magical place to be. I can't really describe it, but it was so peaceful and artsy that I have to go back one day. There were tons of gorgeous people there too, so yay :).
After all of this, we picked up Erica's mom and took her to Denny's and Walmart, both adventures not worth mentioning. Once again, Paranormal Activity 2 ruined all the sleeping at night progress I made and I sat up waiting for Paw Paw to wake up so I knew it was safe to pass out. I sense a pattern reappearing.

No comments: