Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day


I had a wonderful holiday. It was absolutely fabulous and made me appreciate the true meaning of the holiday: being thankful for the blessings in my life.
Thanksgiving morning, I woke up to see Grandma and Paw Paw off for the night before digging into the turkey grandma cooked for me before they left. An hour or so after my lunch, my friends rallied up and came over, determined to not have me alone for the holiday. We went out and window-shopped for a bit before separating for the night.
The next day was our appointed girls day. Around noon, we met up at Ross and went on a destructive shopping spree at the outlet and Richland malls, all of us getting a thing or three. After having a blast at the Richland mall, we went to Summer Palaca (our favorite restaurant) and ate up. After that, we came back to my place and had our sleepover, gossiping about old school friends, playing truth or dare, and having in-depth conversations before passing out around 3 or so in the a.m.
This morning, we all had a photo shoot before Krissy went home. Then Amber, Kat, and I went to Walmart and drove around for a bit before they left as well. It was a good end to a great holiday period.
I'm so glad and lucky to have seen my friends while they were here and get a huge chunk of their time. I missed them like crazy and I can't wait to see them again soon! I sincerely hope everyone had as good of a holiday as I did.

No comments: