Sunday, March 11, 2012

Best of 2011!!

Okay, so I've taken my last idea and switched it up, because I know I'll be too lazy to actually think up 5 of my favorite shows, artists, and movies of 2011 and put it up before June. I'm picking out one favorite of all of my categories, and then I may, MAY, do a Worst of 2011 list as well. Here....we...go!

Favorite Movie
Yes, I know, I'm completely biased on this one. I've been in love with Rhys Ifans since I first saw him in Little Nicky and I love Elizabethan dramas, so I was going to see this no matter what. But WOW! This movie blew me away! This movie introduced me to the Oxfordian theory of the authorship of Shakespeare's work, and, somehow, the plot captivated me as much as the hot guys (Rhys Ifans as the Earl of Oxford, Edward de Vere, and Xavier Samuel as the Earl of Southampton, Henry). I adored it so much, I saw it twice in two days and bought the DVD on the day of its release. The movie's two hours long, but I wished it was longer. Bravo, Rhys, for not only picking a great project, but for doing so splendidly in this role. Hollywood, take notes!

Favorite Television Show
I know, I know, I'm late, but I really didn't hear that much about this show until my dad showed it to me. I quickly became obsessed with it and watched every available episode in a two-week span. Luke is painfully adorable, Cam and Mitch are the uncles I never knew I wanted, and don't get me started on the beautiful and hilarious Sofia Vergara! Gay people, a hot Latin woman, and genuine comedy; why wouldn't I fall in love with it?

Favorite Artist
I didn't want to fall into her fanbase at first, but through Glee and sneaky radio stations, I was introduced to Adele, and she is never leaving my playlist. Through every bit of drama and rage I had over the past year, her songs would conveniently arrive so I could say "See? This is what I've been saying all along!" and good thing too; my Papa Roach CD's were crying for a break. She deserves every award she gets! Good show!

Well, that's my list. And it's so short.... Well, at least it looks cool.

No comments: