Sunday, September 19, 2010

Movies!

Okay, I'm not going to talk about Paranormal Activity 2 or it's creepy trailer with the stills that scarred me for life not matter how much I kind of want to. It was a mistake to let the spoiler in me run free that day.
Well, yesterday Grandma bought two movies on demand, one I've been wanting to see and another I didn't care about too much. The first one was Just Wright, starring Queen Latifah and Common. I forgot how much I loved Queen Latifah; she's so cool and confident in herself, and I feel like her character Leslie is close to how she really is. In this movie, Leslie is a physical therapist who is constantly (but understandably at some points) placed in the "friend" category with men. I really don't understand guys with this, and I know girls do this too. You meet someone fantastic that you can have a real conversation for hours with and when the date's over, you decide you're not interested? I can get it if the physical attraction's not there or something, but when you actually found them attractive beforehand? Fine, go miss out. And Common? After 5 minutes of being on screen, I realize I had a crush on Common! I think he's a pretty decent actor. Every time I watch one of his movies, I'm sold on his character.
Then Grandma bought Letters to Juliet and I wanted to barf at first. I didn't really pay attention to is until the middle and I got sucked in, mostly by the cute guys that randomly showed up. The original Lorenzo Bartolini is very handsome and Victor, Amanda Seyfried's fiancee in the movie, had the most mesmerizing eyes I've ever seen. It was a cute movie, and one of the few times I'm glad everything worked out for everyone.

No comments: