Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beastly

If you keep up with my Twitter, you've probably noticed that aside from commenting on the weekly WWE Raw episodes, I've been raving about this movie coming out called Beastly, starring some British kid named Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens and also features Neil Patrick Harris and Mary-Kate Olsen.
Let me complain about casting for a minute. I don't have any real beef with Vanessa Hudgens, but she's usually put in the same category as Miley Cyrus and other Disney starlets, so I immediately cringe and start to scream at the casting directors for selling out, which is unfair I admit. And I'm starting to get tired of British actors coming over with the American accents and taking American roles. Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia are fine because they're all British, but have you noticed a trend in Hollywood? R.Patz, Andrew Garfield (the new Spiderman), and this Pettyfer kid (who is also the new "hunk" from that alien movie, I Am Number Four) are getting all this American attention. We have good, non-Disney actors who could fill these parts, but since Cedric Diggory came to America and started biting people, the Brits are getting national attention and appearing on movie posters everywhere. People are like "Hey, the British accent is hot now. Let's put you in a movie. Would you like some pudding?" It's a bit much now. We fought too hard for independence, you guys. Can we please stick to it?
On another note, I love NPH and am glad to see Mary-Kate back in something worth paying attention to. I've missed the Olsen sisters and am excited to see Mary-Kate on the big screen where she belongs.
Now for the story: it's a modern version of Beauty and the Beast, but more in the beast's perspective. I know, it pretty much ruined the plot, but I promise it's going to be worth the money to go see it. Watching the trailer made me cry. It's going to be beautiful!! If there's not a midnight premier, I'm going the first day.

No comments: