Friday, January 7, 2011

Man attacked by children on the Metro

Last night, I saw a video of a D.C. man getting attacked by a couple of kids while trying to read a book on the L’Enfant Plaza Metro station. And when I say kids, I mean they supposedly looked between 11 and 12. He was trying to read and one of the kids hit him on the back of the head; then a girl started hitting him while others jeered and laughed. This whole ordeal gave him bruises, scratches, a knot on his head, and some bleeding. The most disgusting part of all of this? Many saw, no one helped, and the man was forced to come to his own rescue and get help. Oh, people recorded the attack on their phones, but no one bothered to use those handy phones to call, hm, I don't know, 911, or go and press the emergency button.
I don't know about everyone else, but let some twelve year old kid hit me on the back of the head and his little friend try to join in. No one could save those kids fast enough. And how is no one going to help? I can understand not getting physically involved or even not taking it seriously at first when they see that kids are behind it, but that guy got seriously hurt, and that could have easily been prevented. Whether it was planned or random, it wasn't funny at all. Someone got hurt, and no one had the decency to at least alert a metro worker.
You can read the story here.

No comments: